header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
'Ello
Hello everyone! I've been a long time second life user and was inactive for a few years. I'm just glad that copybotting still exists and maybe I can provide some old treasures for everyone!
postbit slot
welcome back to Second Life and copybotting. 

I wonder how much have changed since you left?
Will you find SL confusing with all the new mesh bodies, heads, and ways of doing stuff? 

Welcome to the copybot club, CBC.  I am glad you found us. 

Treasures are always interesting

Guide

Rules

(06-11-2023, 11:34 PM)C.Nails Wrote: welcome back to Second Life and copybotting. 

I wonder how much have changed since you left?
Will you find SL confusing with all the new mesh bodies, heads, and ways of doing stuff? 

Welcome to the copybot club, CBC.  I am glad you found us. 

Treasures are always interesting

Everything was a little jarring at first, I won't lie. I used to be a creator back in the day as well as a goon. It wasn't so much as confusing as pretty fun. A lot of limitations one what I used to make no longer exists. Thank you though for the warm welcome!

I'll be doing my best my in the next few weeks on writing tutorials on how to convert other assets into files usable within second life including getting custom skeletons rigged and able to be imported into SL as well as extracting 3d models from various sources to use. I haven't had much time lately, but hopefully will soon to add some things to the community here. I've got a number of old skins I'm curious about if anyone would be interested in!
(06-18-2023, 04:32 PM)PBD19 Wrote: [...]
I'll be doing my best my in the next few weeks on writing tutorials on how to convert other assets into files usable within second life including getting custom skeletons rigged and able to be imported into SL as well as extracting 3d models from various sources to use. I haven't had much time lately, but hopefully will soon to add some things to the community here. I've got a number of old skins I'm curious about if anyone would be interested in!

Tutorials ! we really like those here. Knowledge is a nice thing to be able to share.  

I dont know what to say about the old skins.  We do have some shared already, but Im not sure how well they do in 2023.  They can be used, but will look different on the bodies we have these days. 

I think go for it.

Lets see if the reactions to your shares will give a hint of what our members think. And wants.  At least we can serve as a library.  

Maybe even somebody wants to give their opinion on your question?

Guide

Rules

(06-20-2023, 01:44 AM)C.Nails Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 04:32 PM)PBD19 Wrote: [...]

Lets see if the reactions to your shares will give a hint of what our members think. And wants.  At least we can serve as a library.  

this! especially if they are old - you never know when the creator will decide not to sell them anymore. i've shared lots of things i don't think anybody else will ever use but i share for the purposes of archiving them in case they go missing.
i'm a hunt whore and a gacha glutton.
simple as.