header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i want to start a discussion about a thread
just a question about this thread
templates & uuid's

i shared templates on that thread its a rip from different avatars, tits templates and uuid numbers 
there is a question to get the creators and mp link from all the templates, (i knew only 1)
she search every uuid number for the creator ( alot work)
Most are not anymore on Second life or the item is not anymore on Marketplace
i dont realy understand why you must have the creator and marketplace link from all those templates it has the uuid number it has the templates

i tought that was enough more i dont need. i dont need to know from templates who the creators are, i like to know the creator from Mesh clothing or sculpt objects

so that means we can't rip avatars and post it here becourse this forum want to have all info?
we must look who the creator is, save the uuid numbers and template, thats alot of work, add it to a prim and look who  creator name shows up
well the seller from the clothing or other stuff what they sell is most of the time not the creater

its much easier to get more good shares if you dont ask so many option other people gonna share also many more i think
postbit slot
Hi Copietje,
I do understand your point of view but unfortunately, you are not seeing the UBER point of view
we came from the other forums and one of the biggest reasons to create our own was to have one where people could come and find what they want it.

From your valid point of view you think it is a waste of time and why should I!

From a user who wants something from a store or creator and does a search, it makes all the difference
will they find what they could in 45 items share?

The idea that we all care for mesh is also not quite the fact, I use legacy avatars and I have no interest in investing on mesh for my main and all the alts I have. For me, it means classic stuff matters.

There is an easy solution for your doubt, share only what you can trace.
We are here to help you find things when you need them but if you share several threads of unidentified items it means a burden on admin and moderation work.
Think like me… I go to search and try to find exactly what I want

Does this make sense?
i want to point out that you got to be able to find what you look for on a forum like CBC. 
It is important to have certain rules on sharing, or it would just be a download forum with no structure.  We even made tutorials on how to make shares. So this is not new information. 

We have spent a lot of time to organize CBC so it sends a signal of quality of shares, not quantity 
- meaning each post has  preview pictures - we offered a way to easily provide those (the imgur solution) ,
- information om who made what, for which body, which lipstick color, which texture format, is the share rigged and so on.
- we have our own filehost, so its easy to zip files and share them. 
We ask members to maintain own posts so that the information given is accurate. 

We keep on restructuring CBC as time goes by, in order to make it more smooth, but one, well a couple of - things  will always be the same :

- Security: For both your own sake and for the people you ripped anything from.  When you provide UUIDs make sure that they are checked not to contain any information which is not 
exposing anybody for any "unhealthy" inspection. (both avatar uuid and texture uuid)
- Search-ability: When given all the information above, it would be easy to check if shares have been offered before. We dont want a whole lot of same shares. 

Your point of mentioning we will get more shares if we don't have all these expectations of sharing, might be true. But we are a young forum, and have learned, still learning  from our memberships on other forums. We want CBC to stand out as something unique, and not a copy of what already exists.  Yes, some things will be the same, given the nature of a copybot forum, true. But again, we want quality more, and quantity will come,  when joining members understand what CBC stands for. 

Quality isnt a waste of time, hopefully

if you have problems finding out information, feel free to ask how to do things. We might not have covered anything in our tutorials - yet! The more questions asked, the more aware we get on what is missing. Asking questions not asked before or answered in any thread, is a way of contributing too.

Guide

Rules

Also as a little addon, now Baked on Mesh is fully implemented and the likes of slink and Maitreya plus others have fully embraced it, a lot of high quality layered items is now usable on mesh bodies same as if they wee non mesh.

secondly, though initially we are finding these out by way of theft, if enough content by a creator is shown to be high quality there is a good chance many will buy from them as a way to support further acquirement of product.

and from my own point of view, it's good practice, knowledge and information always valuable to someone at sometime.
DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO ONTO YOU, BUT DO IT FIRST.