header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well...here we are
Tongue 
Nice to see some familiar faces here.

I've always gone by the handle DrHook and used the Buster Keaton avatar going back years and years starting with tForum around 1999 and CGpeers/CgPersia and a few others. Some may recognize the name but most won't as I am mostly a lurker although I do jump in if I can help or have information that someone's looking for. I've been an SL resident since 2005, when I thought my skills in 3d modeling would come in handy.....but that didn't happen until sculptys came out and finally thank god...mesh. I'm not a programmer or scripter of any sort and I have no love for Linden Lab. When they flooded the grid with land they tanked the land flipping market and I lost $3k.U.S. Later when I was renting out sims I ended up in hospital for 2mths after a motorcycle accident....and guess who grabbed my sims and immediately sold them even though I had just left hospital and begged them to give me a few weeks to get things in order. I had contacted them immediately after the accident and they told me not to worry, all would be ok. Obviously, they lied. So they banned me...and I actually stayed away for a couple of years...I was pretty bitter. Then mesh came along and slowly I regained interest.  I followed KingGoon from the start, and got used to the board being up and down and changing URLs all the time....I guess this time it's gone for good Wink

edit: LMAO you censored his name....that's too funny Big Grin
p.s. I'll probably be selling about 100 legacy first and last name avatars if anyone is interested, old camping bots that the logins still work.
postbit slot
I remember you Hookie Smile. Good to read you again.
I am glad the family comes together on a better place,
and a way more organisized forum. We are the Number 1
under the copybott homes and proud if it Tongue.
Welcome home hunie Smile.

the CopyBotClub CBC
Welcome the copybot.club DrHook

I've read the experience you had with the labs and I know how that feels alright.
They use the stick with the ones they should care for and with some, they suck up big time
there is no special reason other than that must be engraved in their corporate DNA.

With meshes, those of us who work in 3D got a new path into a market that opened
but even so, I think it is a very twisted market where to be seen you have to sell your soul.
Many of the current brands do such high poly meshes that instead of getting the game experience good they make it impossible to use SL
but for LL the more Tri's it has the more money they make…who cares!

It is nice to see you return… I hope you can stick around and help those who know less than you

Cheers,
showbis Cool
I originally got into the CB scene because of LL.

I was a dancer / DJ, I made a lot on the DJ'ing at the time, had a premium account, had paid 12 months in advance.

One day I came to login and got the message I was banned, so I phoned them up, got told I had been banned for copybotting, to which I replied, WTF is copybotting?

So, a 12 month premium account and almost half a million in Lindens wiped out, if I'd of known back then what I know now, I'd of never left the lindens in SL, I'd of cashed them out, so I found that old forum and learned a lot since, now I'm here though I never invested in SL again, either with money or time, just went on to see friends and listen to music.

I'm sure a lot of members here have had similar stories to some degree.

So welcome back hook, and good to have you here.
DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO ONTO YOU, BUT DO IT FIRST.
the CopyBotClub CBC - absolutely the best admin, it does feel like home already, and I promise not to mess up my room ~hugs~

showbis - I'll definitely be sticking around, thanks mate! And you're right about the current state of meSS... due in part to original creators wanting the highest level of realism to sell their product, and those who've ripped or downloaded mesh from somewhere and aren't really polygon savvy, just download, get it into some kind of uploadable state and call it a day.

xXravenXx - Like you I won't support the lab ever again despite some small tokens they get when I buy something from the marketplace. This group of people right here are the cream of the crop when it comes to copybotting communities, and like you I'm always learning something new and having a newfound appreciation for the creativity and intelligence of the people sharing. Thanks for the welcome!
Hey sweetie, i am not an Admin Smile.
I am a "normal"
~ crosses my eyes to view the tip of my nose ~
Member of this amazing home,
with a few extra ticks Big Grin.
The Admins here is C.Nails and Showbis
~ whispers ~
we call them mommy and daddy
~ snickers full of mietschief ~
I heard somebody called "mom" 

Great to read an introduction lasting more than "hi". 
- seems like we are many sharing the same past, concerning the reason for seeking the copybot part of Second Life. 

Take the time to get yourself familiar with how CBC is being run,  its slightly different than the forum you have been a member of earlier. There is a reason for some why we have words censored. Smile

Welcome to CBC 
glad you signed up here.

Guide

Rules