header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey there!
Hello I've been playing SL for 10 years, but in the last 2 I am using a MacBook, there is any copybook viewer to install in this system?
Thank you
postbit slot
Hi Slucks,
As yet there doesn't seem to be any mac CB viewers, but, there are viewers for linux.

The one great thing about linux is, you can run it from a usb drive, so, if there was something specific you needed a CB viewer for, you could get a cheap ssd drive, connect it to a usb docking station, and run linux separate to your mac os, then nothing conflicting.

I've got a few friends that use macs and thats how they do it.

Hope that helps.

And this link will tell you all about all linux os's and what they are like, what they are based on, and where to download them.

https://distrowatch.com/
DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO ONTO YOU, BUT DO IT FIRST.
The Birdie already told you all so i have an easy thing here and
just welcome you aboard .... as you can see the family is very
helpfull so ask if you need anything Smile.

the CopyBotClub CBC
Welcome to the club Slucks!

It's great to see an experienced SL member in here, I am sure you will be able to help the ones who are more inexperienced than you.

I also own a few Macs and one of them is a MacBook Pro so I guess I can call you cousin Tongue
Regarding your question, I know Wish the creator of Darkstorm viewer was doing something about a mac viewer but I do not know if he is still working on a compilation for Mac users.
That is why I think people should support developers because they invest so much time in perfecting their viewers that paying a coffee to them is the least you can do.
Still, on the Mac version of Darkstorm, I might ask Wish on that subject…it would be great for the club to be the single one to have an Apple running version of a viewer but he was already very kind to make an exclusive version for the club with more advanced features.

Meanwhile, you can emulate Windows by using any of the available software to emulate Windows on a Mac (BootCamp preinstalled on macOS; Parallels Desktop; VMware Fusion; VirtualBox it's good and is free!), but let me warn you may suffer some crashes… having a real Windows OS installed helps you very much!
The better your MacBook is, the better it behaves!

The solution xXravenXx shows you is the best one, in my view, if is performance what you seek and you will be able to have 2 OS's separate running at high speed and we don't receive reports of issues of CB Viewers on Linux which means that they are very stable.

I've got a PeeCee to use just for it, behind a proxy server + high-speed VPN + Technitium to change my MAC Address then I spoof the viewer to the latest version and use id0 for each of my ALTs… call me a security freak Wink

Sorry for the lengthy reply but if you want to know Can I run CB Viewers and tools, the answer is yes you can!

Cheers,
showbis