header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant rip from lelutka heads?
Question 
has anyone had trouble ripping skins from new lelutka heads? With revelator I just cant see the face texture, only baked text.
postbit slot
See snapshot:
I used area search to search attachments on all avi's in range for lelutka 
Then got user name from area search, looked at it on radar.
then right click on users name
go to the revelator section
select inspect textures
and then i normally select top texture
then use down arrow key to scroll through each texture, which makes revelator load each one.
then I look at the 1024 x 1024 textures till i find head and body.

hope that helps.
[Image: bOg1zCi.png]
Thanks! Thats what I usually do, except that inspecting the head directly saves me time instead of loading the whole avatar (pic 1), but it works except when somebody has a lelutka head.  (pic 2)The texture never shows the creator, as if it was just baked. the uuid from that image is useless. There are no other face uuids. Other textures such as make up loads normally. 
(pic3) i did the same with a genus head, loaded instantly the face texture, as soon as the avatar landed. So I dont think it is a connection and loading issue, perhaps. 

[Image: j3JTH3C.png]

[Image: Goo6I38.png]

[Image: C9wUmUT.png]
I've always done it the original way and so far not come across anything I couldn't rip, and when I want something off my own body, I use an alt to rip it like I would from a stranger.

Something momma bird always drilled into me as I used to be the short cut queen, things have a process that you follow for a reason, taking shortcuts often cause more problems than they solve.

And there is always slcacheviewer too, works fine with revelators cache.
the original non "shortcut" way doesnt show me the face texture except for baked one as well.
I'll go on hunt for people with those heads see if i get any probs, it will give me something to do.

There is one thing you could try, if it some kind of hiding mechanism, there is a setting that allows you to rez everything even if you can't see it.

In revelator its:
Advanced > Rendering > Object to Object Occlusion.
When enabled it stops you viewing stuff out of view, like rezzing textures behind walls.

When disabled it rezzes everything, so if you turned it off and set draw distance  to 4096 it would grab every texture on entire sim lol.

So try with that off see if it helps any.
Thanks Raven.   I was trying again and it didnt work on someone who wasnt wearing lelutka,  and i saw the person getting red, so i realized what it was. its cause of BOM.
BoM wouldn't be such a deal breaker if any of these viewers were capable of opening avatar textures and saving them to HD. I haven't got that function yet in my Club viewer and as many different ways that I've tried it seems broken in Revelator. Just spins and spins on saving (downloading) texture with no results. I've learned to check avatar textures when ripping people to see if there is any baked textures, if so then I know it's BoM and I need those textures to use when reassembling the ripped body. If you are able to get the baked textures, you can later upload them and copy the UUID of the newly uploaded texture. Then use notepad++ to replace the default BoM textures UUID's with the UUID's of your newly uploaded texture, import XML and the textures should be applied. This is of course assuming you are importing to OS/Opensim since import mesh wont work on SL grid.
Anyone else had an issue with saving baked textures with Revelator?
(05-27-2020, 06:53 AM)Benjamin Wrote: Anyone else had an issue with saving baked textures with Revelator?

at times, yes, but also had success saving them.  

[Image: nnZ0Hcu.png]

[Image: Guj64h2.png]

- and it is not only baked textures which can make the "save as" spin. It happens on and off.

i assumed it was a matter of letting everything rezzing properly in- 

What you describe 
Quote:... If you are able to get the baked textures, you can later upload them and copy the UUID of the newly uploaded texture ....

that will leave you as the uploader of the texture? That will be a problem if using it in SL ?

Guide

Rules

(05-27-2020, 06:53 AM)Benjamin Wrote: BoM wouldn't be such a deal breaker if any of these viewers were capable of opening avatar textures and saving them to HD. I haven't got that function yet in my Club viewer and as many different ways that I've tried it seems broken in Revelator. Just spins and spins on saving (downloading) texture with no results. I've learned to check avatar textures when ripping people to see if there is any baked textures, if so then I know it's BoM and I need those textures to use when reassembling the ripped body. If you are able to get the baked textures, you can later upload them and copy the UUID of the newly uploaded texture. Then use notepad++ to replace the default BoM textures UUID's with the UUID's of your newly uploaded texture, import XML and the textures should be applied. This is of course assuming you are importing to OS/Opensim since import mesh wont work on SL grid.
Anyone else had an issue with saving baked textures with Revelator?

the extremely old schol way was to get the openGL source into sl and then dig through many many textures til you find the ones youre looking for and upload. Im too lazy and spoiled for that now that i tasted the convenience of cbviewer Tongue