header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here an enthusiasmed and enthusiastic primary teacher :)
Smile 
Hello everyone, 

I am a primary school teacher and I am familiarizing myself with this whole world of copybots to be able to create an education system for children between 5 and 11 years old through the worlds of secondlife and opensimulator. Pandemic rules, but I imagine that, in any case, future will be a better one if I am able to adquire these skills and knowledges here even when we all win the tragic game to this horrible pandemic.

My immediate intention is to show my husband that in SL worlds one can do many fantastic and educational things despite the SL bad fame as worlds only for sex, because he is not very much convinced and is worried because he sees me as too much enthusiasmed lol

I hope to be able to help everyone as soon (and simultaneously) as I begin to learn well how this whole world of the copybot works Smile You all can count with me!

Kisses to all.
postbit slot
happy welcome Smile
im interested in which kind of education system you think of creating for the kids. According to you, it will be rooted in the world of copybot,  and  copybotting is frowned upon by Linden Lab.   - in short, its breaches of second life terms and can cause banning. 

SL was used as a kind of education platform when SL was the Thing back in the days. Then Sex took over.  XP

thanks for a different introduction. 

welcome 

. and here is how you can proceed and get knowledge of CBC 

https://forum.copybot.club/Thread-how-to...he-sandbox

Smile

Guide

Rules

Hi and welcome to the club,

being a primary teacher you run into problems with Second Life because of it's terms and conditions.

At eligibility to use second life (point no. 2) says this to access the General area (the lowest age possible) that anyone has to be over 16 years old.
Primary school students are way under that age. Therefore you might start by excluding Second Life from your platform plans.

I would add, being a experienced user that it might not be nice that a kid sees a S&M master with 3 chained slaves walking around general area!
Many things that shouldn't happen, do happen there… and let's not even talk on Moderate or Adult only!

Your only option might be to use a closed to class Open Sim.
Metaverse does offer indeed ways to teach that are interactive. In the end you need to really think if a wise kid doesn't end up entering  SL
and gets a item that he uploads to the class that is XXX.
Can you have Open Sim, yes you can! Will you have to guard the SIM and all it's contents, absolutely.
Not an easy task and quite a responsability!

I too entered SL thinking it might be a good thing for a corporate presence but after I saw sex coffins with hundreds of 'animations' it was enough!
To play and explore by myself, sure. SL ain't 100% sex but 80% in one way or the other has something to do with it… a sex rug, a bed, a picture that let's have sex on a wall… the boundaries of where you can have sex are limitless see no evil

Maybe you start with that idea and then just have fun with your husband discovering SL
or you really have a plan and decide to go Open Sim, one thing is certain if some universities use it, it also means there is ways to use it for younger audiences under strict supervision! To mitigate the risks you have to get very skilled!!!

Check the examples they have in education and the best practices, check courses that happen inworld and imagine that scenario
try to figure out a world where you must control every aspect of it .After all if it is a Open Sim for kids and if problems happen it will be ultimately your fault!

You know wise kids can do many things that they shouldn't do right Shy

Think, see, learn and then decide…

Cheers,
showbis Cool
Hi and welcome,
If it was me in the teacher role and based on the ages you supplied I would do the following.

First find a sim that is entirely general, make a point of checking with sim management that the covenent states that the entire sim can never be used for commercial or moderate / adult settings.

When this is the case, you are less likely to get interesting people looking for previous sex sims that have since moved.

I sim hop a lot through landmarks and have often tp'd into a couples bedroom etc.

Set your sim to group only and have a teleporter on ground, with a sky box up around 3250M in air, with a security orb to kick anyone not in group without warning, you can also then set the range to a far greater distance too, since most users don't have their view distance any higher than 256m, and you can have sim set to hidden

You can get away with not having a 10 to 30 second warning due to the height the skybox is up at, covenents normally only enforce the 10 to 30 second warnings at heights from 21m to 500m.

Also set landing point next to teleporter on ground, so group members can come in where there are less textures to rez, jump on teleporter and up to the school.

One of the major problems you will most likely run into is teaching either the kids or more to the point the adults how to use firestorm, even though n my personal opinion it the easiest of all the viewers to learn, to anyone new it's still a learning curve, so if I was you, I'd learn firestorm in great detail, then do video tutorials for the kids and parents to learn it.

As if you know how to use firestorm well, you'll easily be able to use most of darkstorm too, as it is firestorm with added extras.

So plan it all out as if you were going somewhere new on a field trip, and you should be fine.

As for your husband, tell him that yes he is right in 1 respect that SL is sexually orientated but, they are all adult sims, and by default new accounts when you log into sl in the viewer are set to general and moderate settings, even for marketplace, so anyone logging in with children can set account and viewer to general only for extra safety.

[Image: sh7cSqyl.png]

As you can see with image, when you login you can go to preferences and set it to general by default.

You won't accidently land on moderate or adult lands then.

Best of luck with your idea, I think it be cool.
(03-31-2021, 09:53 AM)Copybotter Wrote: Hello everyone, 

I am a primary school teacher and I am familiarizing myself with this whole world of copybots to be able to create an education system for children between 5 and 11 years old through the worlds of secondlife and opensimulator. Pandemic rules, but I imagine that, in any case, future will be a better one if I am able to adquire these skills and knowledges here even when we all win the tragic game to this horrible pandemic.

My immediate intention is to show my husband that in SL worlds one can do many fantastic and educational things despite the SL bad fame as worlds only for sex, because he is not very much convinced and is worried because he sees me as too much enthusiasmed lol

I hope to be able to help everyone as soon (and simultaneously) as I begin to learn well how this whole world of the copybot works Smile You all can count with me!

Kisses to all.

Lots of good advice from others.  I do agree that the realm of virtual reality based on the construct of these viewers has enormous educational potential, but you will need support from the administration that oversees your school district in order to implement your project. 

A couple things I recall about minors using the SL platform: one is that SL has/had an entirely separate Grid for kids to avoid the liabilities of being an avenue for pedophiles to find victims.  The other, as Showbiz stated, is that there may be a minimum age to gain an account on that Grid.  There is also likely restrictions concerning adults acquiring an account on that Grid, and SL may not give adequate oversight in the way your school administration desires.

You can always construct your own OpenSim on a private server for the purposes of your classroom, but I would advise submitting a curriculum to the administration that oversees the remote platform used to interact with students in your school district.  It could result in some serious frustration from a parental complaint if the administration has not agreed to support your endeavor prior to involving the students.  It is very likely the administration will want to have power of prior censorship and arbitrary oversight of all aspects on the Sim you construct for classroom purposes.  The OpenSim would likely need to be on a server kept on school property in a secure location with limited access for a number of reasons regarding the district's liability for safety and privacy of the students as well as control of content and curriculum.

Copybotting for your own purpose is a good way to learn a lot about assembling a sim world for your students, but your administration may not see outfitting a Sim with copybotted content as a particularly legal way to assemble a curriculum.  Legally speaking, it would be like pirating software for use on classroom computers.   You CAN say it is your own creation in an OpenSim since everything you bring in will appear as your name on creator, but that leaves you open to the questions on how you created the stuff.  Blender is free, and capable of anything for an SL world, but it does take time, dedication, and some talent to master Blender.

I wish you luck with your project. 

Ralph Hinkley
The Greatest American Hero
~ smiling amazed about the answers of the family turns around and leaves to go ripping
knowing everything will be handled ... narrows my eyes and jumps right on the table of
a bunch of vampires and starting to have fun ~

the CopyBotClub CBC
Heart 
Hello friends!

Thank you very much for such a kind, helpful and friendly host. I must say that I have felt at home. You are everyone a love.

I wrote my intro too briefly and that could generate the idea that perhaps I was trying to create my educational project in SL with material obtained from sources that could be not clear to my bosses. There is nothing that could be further my intention. Forgive me.

What I want is just to be able to learn how things are done from the great SL masters in that context system, trying to investigate them inside and understand how they were meticulously elaborated to, from them, humbly create a completely original and personal world in opensimulator using never material from third parties, a world that I can control in absolutely every detail, or else I would be unable to present the project to the parents of my students or to the school board. I would die of embarrassment!

From the discontinuous years that I have been in SL I realize that in this new stage of meshes, rigged things, large external databases, bots, etc. It is going to be difficult for me to take charge of how everything works, although I have never looked back on how difficult a job can be. Knowledge, but mainly Control and security, as you have kindly advised me, are going to be my workhorses. However, what worries me the most is the issue of the viewer, because I cannot use one with the usual items because I cannot allow neither the school board nor any of the present or future parents to be scandalized because the children have accidentally accessed parts of the viewer to generate sexed or RLV characters or access parts of the viewer that may suggest anything that might shock them (both children and adults). Therefore, unless there is another way, I will have to learn to compile my own viewer, very limited and specialized by me, and that scares me a bit, I admit, although maybe is only due to ignorance of how it is done and in the end the lion was not so fierce Smile

In short, the world that I will create for the children will have to be the most innocent, controlled and secure, with little dolls always, never with human figures, trying that all the didactic programming of the school can be transferred as much as possible to practice through of 3D worlds based on opensim. But the latter, the educational-creative part, I cannot right now even consider it without knowing what that 3D world and its access viewer will finally be like.

And, voilà! Smile That is the main reason why I am here, now a little better explained (I hope), although perhaps I will also create a particular private world in opensimulator for me and my friends in order to share good chat, relax, distress, art, etc. the way it is done in SL Smile

Let me repeat: I was and am delighted by your welcome and you can count on me for whatever you want.

Kisses for everyone.
Happy welcome to you! This is a very creative and interesting idea and I wish you all the best of luck. If you need help with photoshopping naughty bits out of skins, etc, just send me a PM!
~ watches ~

the CopyBotClub CBC