header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Saying Hi
Hello everyone. I'm new to this Forum, but not new to SL, I joined in 2016 then left for 4 years. I stayed awhile and then left again until recently. I feel like a total noob all over again. I will value everything I learn and I hope to be of some value to you in the future as well.
postbit slot
(05-20-2023, 03:20 AM)PsychoGeek Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm new to this Forum, but not new to SL, I joined in 2016 then left for 4 years. I stayed awhile and then left again until recently. I feel like a total noob all over again. I will value everything I learn and I hope to be of some value to you in the future as well.

Indeed, its easy to find oneself as a noob in Second life after returning.  Everything you once knew is now old news: you  find people not knowing what you talk about when saying "standard avatar sizes" .   Personally I find that a good thing! 
  I had to google it, it was  around 2013 Standard size was introduced, and i get a 404 error following second life community forum discussion linking  to the "SL-universe, standard sizing iniative"! That made me feel older, suddenly! 

I better stick to 2023 and not fall into rabbit holes of good old days.  Or not so good? 

Welcome to CBC, the copybot club! 

I am glad to be able to welcome you among us, and looking forward to see you on the forum. 

Follow the guide, and you will be helped to find your way around here, hopefully. 

If in doubt or having questions you cant find any answers to after searching? Dont hesitate to ask

And maybe you will be able to answer some of the questions asked, that would be awesome too. 

Coffee

Guide

Rules

(05-20-2023, 03:54 AM)C.Nails Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 03:20 AM)PsychoGeek Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm new to this Forum, but not new to SL, I joined in 2016 then left for 4 years. I stayed awhile and then left again until recently. I feel like a total noob all over again. I will value everything I learn and I hope to be of some value to you in the future as well.

Indeed, its easy to find oneself as a noob in Second life after returning.  Everything you once knew is now old news: you  find people not knowing what you talk about when saying "standard avatar sizes" .   Personally I find that a good thing! 
  I had to google it, it was  around 2013 Standard size was introduced, and i get a 404 error following second life community forum discussion linking  to the "SL-universe, standard sizing iniative"! That made me feel older, suddenly! 

I better stick to 2023 and not fall into rabbit holes of good old days.  Or not so good? 

Welcome to CBC, the copybot club! 

I am glad to be able to welcome you among us, and looking forward to see you on the forum. 

Follow the guide, and you will be helped to find your way around here, hopefully. 

If in doubt or having questions you cant find any answers to after searching? Dont hesitate to ask

And maybe you will be able to answer some of the questions asked, that would be awesome too. 

Coffee

Yes I must admit I felt really old and lost for the first couple of days. At least by now my Avi doesn't look like a total spaz anymore. flex hair... what's that? lol I felt like a tool. Thank you for your welcome. I'm reading all the how to's and so forth, right now.