header advt
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And another mesh new body ! Gen.X from Belleza ...

[Image: 7BHkOXU.jpg]
A new generation is coming … The new Belleza bodies will launch with a celebratory event featuring over 100 of SL hottest designers.
Gen.X … coming October 1st

I am fed up with all the new bodies!

I am one of those loyal and faithful Belleza fans - I have been sticking to their products and waited for the actual Bom update - forever. Then it came. Finally.

In the meantime some content creators skipped developing for the Belleza bodies - all the new mesh bodies swam over the market.

Then their current body line was on sale. ½ price. Which is a good bargain. You would think, yes?

Now it is announced that Belleza took time to create this new body. Well, actually two.

-- " Gen.X is a new line of bodies, so this will not be an update on your current Belleza bodies."

Sighs.

I guess my frustration is covered by these quotes, found at the Belleza facebook

The people of SL work hard to come up with Lindens to buy things like this and for a mesh body to just be discarded and forgotten by the Belleza creators again will make it hard for people to ever really trust the Belleza brand again. If they even do now.
[...].
Anyway, again, please don’t disappear on your supporters again after dropping this one and profiting because you’re only hurting your own brand. Best of luck to you all."

People have the audacity to sit here and say that people are entitled because they feel they deserve to know whether or not to keep hopeful whether their investment is still relevant or to let it fade peacefully to make way for an improved product.
Belleza, the team, the owner especially, messed up in a very bad way and I certainly hope that they rectify their wrong business practices from here on out, otherwise they will be further distrusted, they will lose more support than before and the name “Belleza” will only bring scorn, scrutiny, and skepticism."

About 3-4 years ago I purchased the fatpack of Belleza bodies right after having a conversation with Tricky about the BoM update that would be released by the “end of the year”.
I trusted the owner’s words so I went ahead and bought them.

To my surprise, the BoM update didn’t come out at the end of the year.
It didn’t come out the following year either. Suddenly Tricky was nowhere to be found and his brand representatives had no idea when we could expect the update.
By the time the update finally came it was bare bones at best.

You could wear BoM skins and tattoos but not clothing layers and nothing else was updated on the body.
Makes you wonder why it took that long to release. At this point the lack of updates had caused most users to abandon it and most clothing brands to do the same. So almost no one was wearing Belleza anymore, the brand fell into the void for a long time.
Now you make your triumphant return with a brand new body after the brand owner lied to so many people about what they could expect from the last body collection. And I guess what I’m wondering is why should we trust you again? What will you offer that we’re not already getting from more trusted brands?"

How many new bodies can we afford? 
How many bodies will be supported by the clothes and skin makers? 
- some of the newer bodies have not a lot of options for getting dressed, will this new body also be one of them where I think that walking around naked is the only option for me, instead of getting bad rigged outfits? or outfits i dont like? 

End of rant! 

Let me hear your opinion?

Guide

Rules

postbit slot
Belleza was my first female mesh body I bought it years ago in a fat pack. It has sentimental value to me. Myself as a designer I dropped Belleza a long time ago due to the growing amount of bodies I had to rig for since I am a single designer and I don't have a team. I kept rigging for Maitreya. Since Maitreya is 36% of the population of Second Life use it. I'm pretty sick and tired of new bodies coming out I know it's good for the market for more people to find something they like. I feel like if you're going to make a new body make a new brand and sell it under a new brand. It's not that hard making a new body it's just making the alpha HUD and making Dev kits that have similar rigging to it in multiple formats like Maya and Blender. 

What new features could they add to the body? A curvier shape, body deformers built into the body, fix the jazz hands bug, change the UV map on the mesh making it like similar to the Cinnamon & Chai Mesh Body. Which would limit the things you could use for the body.
I saw the new Belleza body, and I had second thoughts about Jake, then I realized if Jake is half price and the new body is so far at least only female, what am I missing out on? Literally nothing. I may go ahead and get Jake since its on sale. I was happy with my last body and wore it for many years. Even if there is a newer better better, I don't feel compelled to have the latest word. Eventually the new thing will become the old thing as another new thing comes along and I will be just as happy buying the now old thing at half price and the cycle repeats.